Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Reading #8


I started reading for about 5 seconds and was instantly enraged that someone made a claim that “treating other people with respect and compassion is not something any photo school can really teach”.  I find the exact opposite to be true especially in our close-knit senior seminar class.  We all genuinely care about each other and I feel privileged to be a part of such a generous, and caring community of artists.   I do however agree with the points about learning how to market your self as a photographer and learning the realities of photography as a business.   I would have absolutely no clue where to start, or even if I would ever want to start a business because I have close to no information about the business side of this field.

  I feel as prepared as I’m going to about leaving Tyler in May, but feel that after senior seminar with Rebecca Michaels I’ve learned the importance of maintaining a studio practice, keeping yourself informed about new advancements in the field as well as the importance of reading about what new photographers are doing, and the importance of getting your name out there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment